Invest with an Advisor
You’ve just left school — or perhaps a bad job, marriage, or health or financial challenge — and you’re in a new life. You want to focus on the future and gain control of your personal finances.
Whether you’re starting out in life or just starting over, the right financial plan can help you move forward with confidence. Common challenges include:
- I need help managing my personal finances — where do I start?
- How do I pay off student loans? Should I pay them and my credit cards off before saving and investing?
- Should I buy or lease my next car?
- How will I pay for my wedding?
- Can I afford to buy a home?
- Will I be able to retire?
Services to Cover with an Investment Adviser
An investment adviser focused on wealth management discusses specific issues when structuring your portfolio. In particular, she might tell you:
- What to invest in
- Whether to buy stocks or mutual funds
- If you should invest in index funds or actively managed funds
- Which investments to use inside of your retirement accounts
- Which investments you should own in nonretirement accounts
- What risks are associated with each investment
- What expected rate of return you might receive from your portfolio
- What types of taxable income your investments will generate
- How you can rearrange investments to reduce taxable income
- What taxes you will incur when you buy or sell investments
How Investment Advisers Charge
Most investment advisers charge an annual fee that is a percentage of the assets managed on your behalf. This percentage is usually higher for smaller portfolios and shrinks as the portfolios get larger. A general range would be 2 percent a year for a $100,000 account, scaling down to 0.5 percent a year for accounts that are $5 million or more.
Financial Planning for Every Stage of Your Life.
We do more than help you manage your money and investments. We consider every aspect of your life with a dollar sign, then come up with a personalized plan that adjusts as your life unfolds. Financial planning is a lifelong process — and we will be there with you, for every step of the journey.
Financial Planning & Investing
Maybe making financial plans and easy-to-understand investment advice accessible to everyone is a radical idea. But it’s one that we truly believe in. Help us learn about your goals in life and we’ll help you learn how to plan for them.
Retirement & Estate Planning
Get straightforward financial advice and education to help you secure the income you’ll need to enjoy the retirement you want while also preserving your wealth for future generations.
Life changes. Your financial plan should too. Whether it’s planning to pay for college, the loss of a loved one, caring for aging parents or something totally unexpected, our experienced financial planners will help make sure you’re prepared.
Homeownership & Mortgages
Owning a home is one of the biggest financial purchases you’ll make in your life. Get real-world advice about real estate, mortgages and financing, and rental and vacation properties.
Forget what you know, or what you think you know, about insurance. Learn the truth about insurance and its role in your financial plan.
Taxes, Finances, Credit & Debt
Should you hire a tax preparer? Is it better to save money or pay off your debt? Why is getting a tax refund a bad thing? Our financial planners offer strategic guidance on these and many more financial matters, to help you achieve your goals.